Vote for Evan McMullin and Nathan Johnson
Over the past week, we’ve been told by thousands of people that they are casting their vote for Evan McMullin. We are so incredibly thankful for these patriotic Americans standing up for what is right.
In this time, we’ve also received a lot of questions, which is understandable because what we’re doing has NEVER been done before.
The questions usually are:
- If Evan McMullin is on the ballot, why is his running mate Nathan Johnson?
- If I’m writing in Evan McMullin, for Vice President, do I write in Mindy Finn or Nathan Johnson?
Here are a few clarifying points:
- Almost every state requires a name for Vice President when qualifying for ballot access or verified write-in status.
- Almost all of these deadlines passed before Mindy Finn joined the ticket.
- Nathan Johnson is a trusted friend of Evan’s who was willing to fill in as a temporary placeholder in order to give voters across the nation a chance to vote for Evan McMullin.
- Therefore, if you are voting for Evan McMullin, write-in “Nathan Johnson” as the Vice President, because that is how our paperwork was filed with states and votes will be counted.
- In the event that the race is pushed to the U.S. Congress, House of Representatives, Nathan Johnson will resign and be replaced by Mindy Finn.
Sound crazy? We’ll be the first to agree with you! But please do remember that this is an unprecedented three month presidential campaign gaining tremendous momentum all across the nation.
We could be the first campaign in 48 years to win an electoral vote outside of the two party duopoly.
This has taken creativity and a deep desire to give the American people a candidate worthy of this great nation.
So, during early voting and on November 8, either vote or write-in “Evan McMullin” and “Nathan Johnson.”
Our nation deserves better!