Letters To America: The Official McMullin Campaign Blog
Salt Lake City, UT – Senator Lindsey Graham (R-SC) announced today that he voted for independent presidential candidate Evan McMullin, praising Evan’s “views on a strong America and the need to rebuild our military.” Senator Graham also sharply criticized Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton, saying that he “couldn’t go where Donald Trump wanted to take the USA & GOP,” and that “voting for Hillary Clinton was always a non-starter.”
Senator Graham is a true patriot who has put principle before party throughout his career. His courageous leadership, both in the Air Force and in the Senate, is an example for all Americans.
In response to Senator Graham’s announcement, Evan McMullin made the following statement:
“I am humbled to receive the support of Senator Lindsey Graham. Senator Graham has long been one of our nation’s leading advocates for American leadership and for our men and women in uniform. He and I share a commitment to the safety and security of our nation—as well as to our founding principles of liberty and equality. I look forward to working with Senator Graham as our new conservative movement continues to grow.”
For more information:
Dear Fellow American,
Like you, we are deeply concerned about our great country right now.
- Our spotty economy has left many individuals behind—causing anger and frustration that they aren’t progressing economically.
- Washington, DC, remains paralyzed by hyper-partisanship, while Americans yearn for common sense and bi-partisan solutions.
- Americans want to help the disabled and the disadvantaged—but with social programs that boost people out of poverty rather than create dependency.
- The federal government must balance its budget and pay down the national debt or else we’ll face the consequences that always follow reckless spending.
- The United States must re-assert its traditional role as the leader of the free world—standing steadfastly for democracy and human rights. No more shrinking from global problems and disappointing our friends while emboldening our enemies.
- We want a president who will secure our fundamental freedoms such as freedom of religion and the right to keep and bear arms.
We have no confidence that either Secretary Clinton or Donald Trump can or will meet these challenges. We expect them to bring us only arrogance, self-dealing, and more lying to the American people. We cannot look to them to stand up to Putin or to fight terrorism with toughness and persistence.
Thankfully, Evan McMullin has stepped forward in America’s hour of need to proclaim afresh the sacred founding values set forth in the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution.
- Evan will fight for religious and other constitutionally-guaranteed freedoms.
- Evan will reform the federal government—making it more efficient and more responsive to the people.
- Evan will bring people of all races, religions, and persuasions together to solve our common problems rather than set us against each other.
- Evan will respect our laws and Constitution, and he will appoint justices to do the same.
- Evan will assert America’s pre-eminent role in the world on behalf of democracy and peace.
- Evan will address runaway federal spending and the national debt.
- Evan will defend our democracy against those who say it is rigged and seek to undermine it.
We gratefully acknowledge Evan’s leadership and his personal sacrifice in stepping forward at a time of political turmoil and national need. We proudly endorse him and recommend him to all Americans as an exemplary leader capable of bringing morning to America again.
Distinguished Utah Politicians
Greg Bell (R)
Former Lt. Governor and State Senator
David Wilkerson (R)
Former Attorney General
Chris Cannon (R)
Former U.S. Congressman
Justin Fawson (R)
Senator Lincoln Fillmore (R)
Senator Howard Stephenson (R)
Senator Daniel Thatcher (R)
Paul Ray (R)
Representative Fred C. Cox (R)
Mayor Jon Pike
City of Saint George
Mayor David L. Alvord
South Jordan City
Aimee Winder Newton (R)
Salt Lake County Council
Logan Wilde (R)
Candidate House District 53
Morgan County Council
Kaysville City Council
Spanish Fork City Council
Orem City Mayor
Utah County Treasurer
Payson City Mayor
Distinguished Utah Citizens
Lynn and Ann Summerhays
Real Estate Developer, Golfers &
Proud Utah Supporters
Lawyer & College Basketball Broadcaster
Bradley R. Agle
Author & Professor, Business Ethics
Patricia A. Andersen
SJ & PA Andersen Foundation
Entrepreneur & Business Owner
Partner, Regional CPA Firm
Rich & Wendy McKenna
Dave & Beck Nelson
Proud Farmington Supporters
Neal E. Peterson
Proud West Jordan Supporter
Proud Layton Supporter
From David L. Wilkinson:
When I was in government, I realized the importance of character. I saw firsthand how moral integrity is central to good leadership. I'm endorsing Evan McMullin not only because I'm impressed with his morality fortitude, but by his courage to stand up when others put party head of principle. Unlike the major party candidates, Evan has the personal qualities and the experience required to lead this nation. I'm confident in Evan and I'm encouraged that so many voters are rallying to his cause.
From Evan McMullin:
I am honored to have the support of courageous leaders like David Wilkinson. Attorney General Wilkinson has a proud record of putting Utahns first, and I couldn’t be more enthusiastic about having his support in this movement.
One day out from Election Day, Evan and his running mate, Mindy Finn, will be rallying with supporters in Provo, Utah. RSVP now to be part of history in the making.
The robocalls have already run, and the damage is done. As outlined today in Buzzfeed by McKay Coppins, Johnson’s false attack on Evan McMullin seems to be one more element of a desperate whisper campaign launched and directed from Trump Tower. And, after being caught, they forced their ally to apologize.
Trump Tower may have directed white supremacist William Johnson to apologize for the robocall, but the real apology should come from Donald Trump for normalizing and mainstreaming extremists like Johnson. For generations, candidates of both parties have rejected the kind of racial hatred Johnson represents and have embraced the idea that all men and women are created equal. Naturally, not every Trump supporter is racist, but from the alt-right to the Ku Klux Klan, every racist in America has seemingly flocked to Trump's cause.
We're running a campaign that honors the timeless ideals and truths that made this nation the most powerful and blessed in the world. It's a shame Donald Trump and his allies have no desire or willingness to do the same.
WHAT: The McMullin-Finn ticket's Election Night Party in Downtown Salt Lake City
WHEN: Tuesday, November 8th from 6:00p.m. until 11:59pm MST
WHERE: The Depot at The Gateway, located at 13 North 400 West South Temple in Salt Lake City, Utah
INSTRUCTIONS FOR MEDIA:
All members of the media must RSVP and be approved for credentials in order to attend.
- Request press credentials here. Deadline to apply: 6:00 pm, Thursday, November 3rd.
- The venue is open for set-up, live shots, and/or walk-through opportunities beginning at 3:00pm MST on the day of the event.
- To obtain the physical credentials, members of the media must check-in at the North door on 400 West (by the taco cart).
- Satellite trucks will need approx 300-500 feet of cable and can be parked on the sidewalk on 400 West (just north of the Depot's entrance); this is the same location as the aforementioned media check-in.
THIS EVENT IS OPEN TO THE PUBLIC. TICKETS ARE AVAILABLE FOR PURCHASE:
FURTHER DETAILS ARE ALSO AVAILABLE ON FACEBOOK:
FOR MORE INFORMATION: